Classic waffles with a spicy twist by @morgs71 - a sweet treat or an indulgent breakfast, these are a must-try!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs castor sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs Prana Chai Original Blend
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
HOW TO MAKE
- In a medium saucepan, place the milk and Prana Chai blend. Place over medium heat and bring to gentle simmer. Turn off heat and allow to steep for an hour or two. Strain the milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Bicarb soda, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk, whisking until just combined. Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy and then fold the eggs into the batter. The batter should still be slightly lumpy.
- Place the batter in the fridge for at least 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle maker to medium-high heat.
- Spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and cook waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- Serve the waffles warm with the toppings of your choice. Ice cream, cream and coconut yogurt all work well. Fresh fruit and maple syrup also work well.