Sam, aka the @wholesomepatisserie shared her drool-worthy chai milkshake recipe with us. Take your summer coffee menu to the next level with this absolute winner!
Easy to prep in advance, you can make a batch of chai as you usually would and chill in before service. To serve, just add to your blender along with a generous serving of vanilla ice-cream then blend, blend, blend and drink drink, drink, drink!
Oh, don’t forget those toppings!! Sam added a cinnamon stick and star anise to make the prettiest milkshake in town. You could also try grated chocolate or cacao nibs!
For 2 Servings - scale as needed
- 2 cups almond milk or any thin dairy free milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp Prana Chai Masala Chai, for any loose leaf chai
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 scoops ice-cream of choice (we like coconut to keep it dairy free)
- Combine milk and loose leaf chai in a medium sized pot over high heat. Whisk to blend the tea.
- Heat milk until bubbles begin to appear around the edges, reduce heat to low and simmer slowly for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk through maple syrup.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a heat-proof jug. Place in the refrigerator until cold.
- Pour into a high-speed blender along with 3 scoops vanilla ice-cream.
- Blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a serving glass/or glasses and top with extra scoop of ice-cream, cacao nibs, crushed peanuts and optional cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Serve and enjoy!