Chai Flourless Chocolate Cake
We know - everyone's got a chocolate cake on their counter. The ultimate indulgence, it's not a hard upsell to get your coffee drinkers to order a little sliver of chocolatey goodness, too.
Ours is pretty special, though. Set yourself apart from the crowd: our cinnamon and cardamom hinted Masala Blend goes so very well with the intense dark chocolate. And as this is flourless, it's a great gluten free option too!
- 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai Masala Blend
- ¼ cup / 60ml of milk
- 200g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g of butter, diced
- ¾ cup / 150g of caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 150g of ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Line a 20cm springform round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, place the chocolate, butter and sugar, and stir through the strained chai milk until melted and combined.
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites, and whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Clean the beaters and then whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until you have soft peaks.
- Fold the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture, then add the almond meal and cardamom until combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites with the chocolate almond mixture, then pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 40–50 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes (or more), then remove sides from the tin and allow to cool before serving.